Light is basically the fundamental determinant of the quality of photographs and pictures that one takes. As a result there is often preference to either outdoor or studio photography by different photographers. Sometimes, the choice of where to take a photograph is rather determined by the clients. However, there are several aspects that are all positively related to either outside or studio photography.
In outside photography, there is the ultimate advantage of the natural light with its various sun-rays.
• Natural sunlight is always such an important determinant of outside photography.
• Nature itself provides endless spots and background on which great photos can be taken; indeed many photographers always begin shooting as outside photographers before studio; furthermore, many photographers prefer outside shooting more than studio.
• In outside shooting, there are less associated costs such as the cost of rentals which is often associated with studio photography
Studio shooting on the other hand also has some advantages over outside photography.
• In the studio, light are controlled artificially and can only change if the photographer wants to change it.
• Unlike natural sunlight, light in the studio can be varied depending on the preference of the client or the photographer, and the effects that are desired.
• Some objects are well captured by studio photography than outside photography. Some items such as jewels would make less sense if taken outside on natural background
• Studio shooting is also free from interference of any kind; unlike in outside shooting where bad weather frequently interferes with shooting. There is no interference from wind, sand and dust
Generally, both studio and outside photography are all dependent on light as the fundamental determinant of quality photographs. They both have advantages and disadvantages. The choice of one depends on the desire of the client, the object to be taken photo of, purpose of the photography, costs, preference of the photographer among other factors.
This post was brought to you by 69 drops photo studio in London
If you are a travelling photographer, why not read our post on where to travel around Europe.